Passport to Winter Fun
The Passport to Winter Fun is a fitness incentive program designed to keep kids (K-6) outdoors and physically active during the long New England winter. Participants will receive a printed passport in which they can track their physical activity, 60 minutes or more per day, and receive prizes for completing 10, 20 and 30 days of the passport! At day 30, they qualify for the Polar Bear Achievement award and can enter the Grand Prize Raffle to win some amazing prizes!
Want to participate? Email email@example.com today!
Passport 2019 Statistics
Instructional video coming soon!
Anything that elevates your heart rate! There are only two rules:
1. Physical activity must be an entire hour (60 Mins.) to count for physical activity! Activity can be broken up throughout the day, as long as it adds up to an entire hour.
2. No screens! That means no video games/phone apps/computer games – not even Just Dance! We want to discourage screen usage of any kind.
We prefer physical activity to be outdoors but if the weather does not permit, indoor activities count too!
We’ve received some inquiries about the Front/Back Flaps – Why does UVTA need them back? I am happy to tell you why!
1. Health Study! The Passport to Winter Fun program is part of a large study designed to improve health all over the Upper Valley. UVTA has used the data from the Front & Back Flaps as Pre/Post Assessments for this study, which is proven to increase physical activity in kids!
2. GRANTS! The Passport program is solely funded by grants. These grants allow the program to be free to areas that otherwise cannot afford it, allowing us to help more kids! We need these Front/Back Flaps to quantify the impact of this program.
3. Prizes! If we do not receive a Back Flap from your Passport Participant, we have no way of knowing if they completed the program and cannot award a Polar Bear Achiever Prize!
The Winter Fun Weekly is a weekly eNewsletter with all things Passport – deadlines, updates, local events, incentive highlights – you name it!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe!
Teacher Resources coming soon!